a new thing for a newborn



 


This little beauty.... her mama was my first tutor in this local minority language seven years ago.  (Ah! I wish I had learned it better in all these years!)  I told her I wanted to get newborn pictures of her firstborn and she gladly agreed but I think the idea seemed a bit over the top to her and her mom, especially when I showed up and snapped a sweet heap of photos of this sleeping baby.  I know they can take pics on their cell phones... but I was hoping to capture some sweetness with a bit crisper clarity.

What I didn't get was the which trendy type of newborn photos that a portfolio in the states would boast of... not with the baby blanket they loved or the wrecked English lettering on her clothes....  And that's all just fine to me now because I think there is just a bit of the majestic ,mysterious magnificence in this precious child's life captured here and that makes me whole-soul glad.  

No comments